0.6 mile Swim / 13.5 mile Bike / 3.2 mile Run
50% of Course on Closed Roads
Early Online Registration closes on 3/31 at 12:00AM
Online Registration closes on Wed. 10/9 at Midnight
Location: Blue Marsh Lake Leesport, PA (9 miles from City of Reading)
Race Start Time: 8:30 am
Race Day Registration Time & Packet Pick-up: 7:00- 8:10am
- Body Marking station will be open at 7:00am-8:10am Race Day Only.
- Registration will be held at Old Church Road Parking Area. Look for Trimax Tent.
- There will also be packet pick-up on Friday from 4:00-5:30pm.
- In order to receive your number, you must have a USAT membership. If you are a USAT member, have your membership card and photo id with you and ready to show. If not, you will need to purchase a 1-day USAT membership for $12 cash or check only. There is a USAT waiver/form that can be found near the registration table and must be filled out before you get your number.
Included in Fee:
- Sponsor Goodies and Prizes *based on availability
- Swim cap *Swim caps will be provided and must be worn for your safety.
- Blue Marsh Lake, 10 miles North of Reading, provides the picturesque venue for this third year event. After a 1,000M swim in the 1,150-acre Blue Marsh Lake, racers head out on a winding 2 lap road bike course that travels along rolling country roads. The run course is out and back along mostly shaded roads. Trimax provides the ultimate experience in Triathlon racing, from the top-shelf awards, prizes, and food to the well-marked courses, professional traffic control, and accurate timing and results.
- The swim course starts on the grassy shore of the Blue Marsh Lake. The water temperatures for early October are 66-69 degrees. You will circle the 0.3 mile triangular course counterclockwise, keeping the large orange buoys on your left. You will complete this 2 times. Use caution as you exit the water as grass may be slippery and follow orange cones as you head to transition 75 yards away.
- The water temp. for Blue Marsh Lake this time a year is 66-72 degrees. Wetsuits will be allowed.
- The road bike course is two laps of a 6.75 mile loop. Fire police will be present at every intersection and signs will be posted that there are bikers on the road. Old Church Road will be closed during the event.
- After you leave transition, you will reenter Old Church Rd. heading left. After crossing the bridge, make your first left to follow Lake Rd. which is mostly shaded. At first you'll hit a steady incline and then some rolling hills. Grab a drink of water or sports drink by Hammer at the water aid station before heading back the way you came to finish the race for a total of 3.2 miles.
- Opens at 7:00am on Race Day. First come, first served; there are no reserved bike spots. TA is only for racers and you must show number to enter. There is sufficient space for typical race gear so leave your oxygen tanks and recliners at home. Be advised that TA is secured by race staff until the last runner finishes.
Timing: Chip Timing
- Age Group- top 3 Female and Male finishers in each age group
- Overall- top 3 overall male and female finishers. Overall winners are removed from age group awards.
- Relays- 1st place Relay Teams
- Age Group Breakdown for Male and Female are 19U, 20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69, 70+
Mapquest Info/Directions and Parking:
- Mapquest Input: Old Church Rd. and Bernville Road(Rt. 183) Bernville, PA
- Race will begin at the Old Church Road Parking Area. This area is NOT well marked. Look for balloons.
- Park in Old Church Lane Parking Lot or along Church Road. There are limited spaces and someone will be directing traffic.
From Allentown area:
Left onto Old Church Rd.
Make Left onto Old Church Rd.
Make Left onto Old Church Rd. *For Cancellation Policy, click here.
*No Refunds. No Transfers. No Dogs. No Earbuds or Headphones. No Drafting. Must be 13 years of age by 12/31/13. Must be present during Awards Presentation to claim awards. No prizes or awards will be mailed.
*We must receive online registrations at least 14 days before the event to guarantee a T-shirt in your specified size. In an attempt to predict racer participation, we will order additional T-shirts. No discount for racers who sign up after shirts run out.
*USA Triathlon requires that all racers present a USAT Membership card on race day. ID will be required race day along with your USAT Membership card. One-Day Memberships will be available for purchase on Race Day for $12/adult and $5/youth. A Waiver Agreement must be signed by ALL event participants, both annual and one-day license holders. Annual members who do not have a USAT Membership card MUST buy a one-day license which can credited toward an annual license purchase through USAT.