Sunday, August 28, 2016
Super Sprint Tri .25 mi swim/9 mi bike/2mi run
Sprint Tri .5 mi swim/18.2 mi bike/3.2 mi run
Sprint Du 2 mi run/ 18.2 mi bike/ 3.2 mi run
Olympic Tri .9 mi swim/27 mi bike/6.2 mi run
Race Start Time: 8:00 am
Race Day Registration Time & Packet Pick-up: 6:30-7:30 am
- Registration will be at the Conewago Day Use Area near the boat rental building. Look for the Trimax tent.
- *There will also be registration and packet pick up on Saturday 8/27 5-6:30pm
- In order to receive your number, you must have a USAT membership. If you are a USAT member, have your membership card and photo id with you and ready to show. If not, you will need to purchase a 1-day USAT membership for $15 cash or check only. There is a USAT waiver/form that can be found near the registration table and must be filled before you get your number.
Super Sprint Individual: $70 until 3/31- $80 until 8/24 - $110 on Race Day
Sprint Tri/Du Individual: $80 until 3/31- $90 until 8/24 - $120 on Race Day
Sprint Relay: $145 until 3/31 - $155 until 8/24 - $185 on Race Day
Olympic Individual: $90 until 3/31- $100 until 8/24 - $120 on Race Day
Olympic Relay: $155 until 3/31- $165 until 8/24 - $195 on Race Day
Included in Fee:
- Entry into random drawing for post race prizes
*Swim cap will be provided and must be worn for your safety.
Sprint Swim Course:
- The swim course is marked with large orange buoys. When the horn sounds, you will complete a single 0.5 mile loop. After exiting the water, it’s just a short run through the grass to transition area.
Olympic Swim Course:
Super Sprint Swim Course:
- The typical water Temp. for Pinchot Lake in August is in the mid 70s. Wetsuits will be allowed if the water temperature is 78 degrees or below. *Swim cap will be provided and must be worn for your safety.
Sprint Bike Course:
- The road bike course is 2 laps of a 9 mile loop. Trained Staff will be present at every intersection and signs will be posted that there are bikers on the road. All roads will be open to traffic during race. Leaving Transition, you head out of the park to reach Alpine Rd. After making a right, you are greeted immediately with a nice steady downhill for about a mile. Don’t get too comfortable. You then turn right onto East Camp Area Rd. where you will be cranking the pedals and climbing over the next mile. As you reach Rte. 74/ Carlisle Rd., the course flattens out. There is a wide shoulder, so stay to the right since you will soon be turning onto Rte. 177/ Rosstown Rd. The next 3.5 miles provides rolling terrain and outstanding views of Pinchot Lake and the surrounding countryside. After turning right onto Alpine Rd, you will gain elevation over the next 2 miles until you once again reach the Conewago Day Use Entrance.
Olympic Bike Course:
- 3 laps of the Sprint course described above, totalling 27 miles.
Super Sprint and Duathlon Bike Course:
- 1 lap of the Sprint course described above, totalling 9 miles.
Sprint Run Course:
- Leaving Transition toward the Lake, you will head left along the Lakeside Trail. The course is a 3.2 mile loop which is a mix of paved and crushed stone trails. With mostly flat and shaded terrain and two water stops along the way, you will forget about any fatigue still lingering from the swim and bike. Mile markers will pace you throughout the course as make your way to the finish line.
Olympic Run Course:
- 2 laps (almost) of the Sprint course described above, totalling 6.2 miles.
Super Sprint and Duathlon Run Course:
- Mostly flat out and back course along the Lakeside trail, totalling 2 miles.
- Opens at 6:30am on Race Day. First come, first served; there are no reserved bike spots. TA is only for racers and you must show number to enter. Be advised that TA is secured by race staff until the last runner finishe
Timing: Chip Timing
- Age Group- top 3 Female and Male finishers in each age group
- Overall- top 3 overall male and female finishers. Overall winners are removed from age group awards.
- Age Group Breakdown for Male and Female are 19U, 20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69, 70+
- Relays- 1st place Relay Teams
“Hi, Pinchot triathlon directors. Thanks for a good triathlon last month. It was a good first "tri" for the lake. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and easy to feel at home since I knew no one.” Tom
- Race will begin at the Conewago Day Use Area
- 1200 Alpine Rd. Wellsville, PA 17365 (This address will bring you to the entrance of the Conewago Day Use Area)
*For Cancellation Policy, click here.
*No Refunds. No Transfers. No Dogs. No Earbuds or Headphones. No Drafting. Must be 13 years of age by 12/31/16. Must be present during Awards Presentation to claim awards. No prizes or awards will be mailed.
*We must receive online registrations at least 14 days before the event to guarantee a T-shirt in your specified size. In an attempt to predict racer participation, we will order additional T-shirts. No discount for racers who sign up after shirts run out.
*USA Triathlon requires that all racers present a USAT Membership card on race day. ID will be required race day along with your USAT Membership card. One-Day Memberships will be available for purchase on Race Day for $15/adult and $10/youth. A Waiver Agreement must be signed by ALL event participants, both annual and one-day license holders. Annual members who do not have a USAT Membership card MUST buy a one-day license which can credited toward an annual license purchase through USAT.
Gifford Pinchot State Park is a 2,338-acre full service park with tons to do for the entire family from hiking to biking, swimming to frisbee golf. Thinking about staying in the park- Book EARLY to reserve a cabin, camping cottage, yurt or campsite. To reserve your spot, click here
...It's MORE Than Just a Race
Online Registration Closes 8am on Thursday 8/25.
Bring a Volunteer and Race for FREE or earn CASH as part of our Paid Race Day Staff. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.